Day #1: Arrival
After spending a month in Australia catching up with old friends and a month in Taiwan visiting my grandma, I find myself in Malaysia starting my Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship (sooner and faster than I expected). I'm nervous but I'm excited at the same time. Needing to become socially active again after months of being anti-social, I find myself overwhelmed in a way. Meeting 75 new faces and a number of staff members on this first day reminds me of Freshman year of college when everyone is lost and confused, but eager to meet new people and make friends.
However, despite all the challenges and struggles of the first day, I managed to get caught in a number of tropical rain showers that frequent Malaysia and navigate myself in a new and foreign country to the Kuala Lumpur Lake Garden with a couple of new friends. Though our journey was long, it was completely worth it.
Not bad for a first day. Let the adventures begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment